Saturday, August 8, 2009

Why am I posting at 1:40 in the morning?


Ok, it occured to me that I hadn't posted in a few days and even though I'm getting tired I felt like at least getting something up on my blog. I've been having fun keeping this up!


I cleaned house all day long today (and part of yesterday). We had company arrive tonight but I was already gone by the time they arrived. I had a digi-crop for Heritage Makers so I had to pick up the pizza's at Costco and arrived at the crop shortly after 6pm. I got very little done, but did enjoy looking through all my vacation photos for the hundreth time. I can't seem to get enough of them which isn't a bad thing.


I had a discussion with my husband today about unnecessary expenses and how hard it is to be on a strict budget. I slip once in a while. Funny thing is that he said "for instance, that block of birdseed out front that you paid $13 for...that wasn't really necessary." I was like "oh yeah, that's one purchase I have no regrets about, I'll tell you that!" I think it's great because we've been having so much fun watching the birds each day...it's really priceless in my mind. He's too practical. It's not like we're going without dinner so the birds can eat. I mean I do get what he's saying, but on the other hand...I simply don't agree.


I have gotten into the habit now of tossing out my old bread for the birds now. I also put out the old cauliflower with hopes of brings "Mr. Rabbit" back for a visit. We haven't seen him in a few days. I'm sure he'll be back eventually.


Ok, since it's late I'm kind of all over the place. Phoenix was amazingly cool today for August...like barely over 100 or it may not have cracked 100 today. When I got home at midnight it was actually cool outside. I went out back to drop off some pizza boxes and it felt cooler outside than inside (which is quite unusual for right now). I felt so tempted to sleep outside because I loved the sound of the crickets and the chilly breeze. I can't wait to go camping in a few weeks! We're going somewhere we've never been, so it should be fun to try out a new place. I plan to bring the kids bikes along.


Ok, seriously I'm getting sleepy so I'll catch up more later. I'm adding a photo of the adorable quail that we found in our backyard at the end of May. We raised them for a few days and they were doing awesome, but since we were leaving town we dropped them off with "the bird lady". They were the cutest things and noisy! Hopefully we'll find more in the future and then they can eat out front.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I have grown to love watching our hummingbirds. We have two feeders and a bunch of them come to enjoy it. They are a lot of fights over it as well. It's very entertaining!!